Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

2019 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 480 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
5 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Eden
wolfali
  • Rishabh Chaturvedi
    Participant
    Topics:

Limited Series contenders that I know of – Sharp Objects, Escape at Dannemora, A Very English Scandal, Catch-22, True Detective, The Haunting of Hill House, Les Misérables, The Little Drummer Girl, and Central Park Five (although we don’t have a release date on that yet). Please add more in case I’m missing any, which I most likely am.

Also, which of these do you think are likely to make the cut?

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

It had huge backlash for almost every single episode.

The backlash began and ended with Beyond the Wall. The Spoils of War is considered one of the show’s best episodes. Dragonstone has been cited as their strongest premiere yet and The Dragon and the Wolf received acclaim for perfectly bringing together all the storylines in a coherent manner. I don’t know where you got this from.

The Handmaid´s Tale and This is us in buzz

You mean negative buzz, right?

Westworld and Stranger Things in devoted fan bases, since GoT devoted fan base is hating hard the last season.

Ivo, I like you, but this is pure bullshit.

Their Direction and Screenplay wins to the two extremely prestigious dramas – The Crown and The Americans. – Casting, Editing, Production design and Cinematography to his follow noms.

It actually won Production Design, lost Editing and Directing because of vote-splitting and do you really expect it win Casting in its seventh season? Getting nominated for that alone showed the support it had.

This so reminds me of last year’s Emmy forums. Ha.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Nothing remotely official yet, but we are being told to have “The Crown” in the Emmy predictions center when it launches this month. They might change their minds later, but it will be in there as we launch.

Please let this be true!

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Please let this be true!

And here I thought you wanted Headey to win…….

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

And here I thought you wanted Headey to win…….

OMG, I forgot about Carter!! I will push that Lena Headey bandwagon until the bitter end!!!! But if she has co-stars nominated, her chances are over 🙁

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

OMG, I forgot about Carter!! I will push that Lena Headey bandwagon until the bitter end!!!! But if she has co-nominees nominated, her chances are over 🙁

I think she can win with her co-stars nominated only if Bonham Carter is not there because she’ll be easily taking this.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

I think she can win with her co-stars nominated only if Bonham Carter is not there because she’ll be easily taking this.

I am fully prepared to be disappointed though. I remember watching the Emmys in 2015 when I knew nothing about them, rooting for Headey after her Walk of Shame, and then she lost. I was SO disappointed, I can’t even describe. I am not going through that again. That said, you will see many Lena Headey articles from me on this site. The same for Hill House.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

About The Good Fight, I have only seen like 2 episodes of the show (which were exceptional, just haven’t gotten around to it), but I think the TV academy has made it abundantly clear that they don’t like or watch this show. They nominated unknown Kelly Jenrette, name-checks Viola Davis and Cicely Tyson (who gave stellar performances, but no one watches their shows anymore) instead of Emmy-favorite Margo Martindale. That means sth to me. I looooove Baranski, but I don’t see it happening for her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Nothing remotely official yet, but we are being told to have “The Crown” in the Emmy predictions center when it launches this month. They might change their minds later, but it will be in there as we launch.

Finally some good news. Well done, Netflix!

By the way, what’s this talk about Susan Kelechi Watson? They couldn’t get Hartley, Moore and Metz last year and all three had big episodes. The show was surprisingly quick abandoned by the Academy. They should be thankful a lot of shows are skipping the race.

ReplyCopy URL
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

Aduba winning over Headey and Toussaint (who wasn’t even nominated) is ridiculous.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Nothing remotely official yet, but we are being told to have “The Crown” in the Emmy predictions center when it launches this month. They might 6 their minds later, but it will be in there as we launch.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Ivo Stoyanov wrote:
    Westworld and Stranger Things in devoted fan bases, since GoT devoted fan base is hating hard the last season.

Ivo, I like you, but this is pure bullshit.

I forgot that in this forums you deny the backlash that this season got… The backlash did not begin with Beyond the Wall, it was with Stormborn. Many people also hated the finale. The book fans hated this season with an incredible passion, I am really glad that none of you have seen that, because it would have been very annoying for you. The season was considered average in general.

Anyway, it is senseless to discuss this now, my point was that if season seven won Best Drama, there is no way that it won’t win for the final season no matter the competition, GoT would win for this final season versus The Crown, The Handmaid’s Tale, This is us, Westworld, Stranger Things, The Americans, Better Call Saul and Big Little Lies regardless of the quality of all of them, it is ridiculous to deny it. And Dinklage is winning regardless of the category he will be in and the material that he will have. And he will stay the only acting winner for the show as well, I am completely sure about it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

That said, you will see many Lena Headey articles from me on this site. The same for Hill House.

Good for Lena, pointless for Hill House. I finally watched the show and is very average at best, it is the typical example of Internet phenomenon that stays there, just like Vikings whose fans still claims that is better than Game of Thrones (one of my favorite jokes). I am especially surprised how many of you were rooting for it to be included in ensamble at the SAG’s when it has two horrible performances – Michiel Huisman and Henry Thomas, and one very mediocre – Timothy Hutton, he seems constantly lost, he gave three very superior performances in American Crime. And the biggest casting fail in recent memory – Henry Thomas and Timothy Hutton being the same person… Those two never worked together on this, or if they did, they never put any effort, it was so distracting especially when they were together… Also, the cast never really managed to look like a family that loves and cares for each other.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  Ivo Stoyanov.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Good for Lena, pointless for Hill House. I finally watched the show and is very average at best, it is the typical example of Internet phenomenon that stays there, just like Vikings whose fans still claims that is better than Game of Thrones (one of my favorite jokes). I am especially surprised how many of you were rooting for it to be included in ensamble at the SAG’s when it has two horrible performances – Michiel Huisman and Henry Thomas, and one very mediocre – Timothy Hutton, he seems constantly lost, he gave three very superior performances in American Crime. And the biggest casting fail in recent memory – Henry Thomas and Timothy Hutton being the same person… Those two never worked together on this, or if they did, they never put any effort, it was so distracting especially when they were together… Also, the cast never really managed to look like a family that loves and cares for each other.

Ivo, I like you and I like discussing things with you, but not like this. Telling me which topics of mine have a point and which ones don’t is extremely inappropriate, because in the end it’s still somewhat my decision which articles I write. I am sure you don’t mean for it to sound like this, but every time you respond to people, to me it sounds like you are telling them that only your opinion matters and no one else’s does. If you didn’t like Hill House, fine, but everyone else gets to love it.

About ensemble, one or two bad performances – and btw, I fully agree with you on those two you pointed out – will not make or break an entire ensemble. Handmaid’s has some pretty weak actors IMO but the amazing ones absolutely make up for it, which is why it was my favorite ensemble of 2018.

I just hope we can have discussions where we agree to disagree. If not, then I am not sure I want to discuss anything with you during Emmy season.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Had there ever been a show which was nominated for all of its seasons but not for the final one? If not, with many shows not returning, House of Cards should be safe, right?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 480 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.